"Not all those who wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien



Saturday, December 3, 2011

Closing Update

I don't mind nit picking when I am the nit picker.  I thrive on nit picky, especially when it involves spotting spelling errors on public signage.  When I am on the receiving end of nit picky, it's not so fun.  Must be what my husband feels like, living with me!

We finally got word of the VA appraisal on late on Thursday.  The appraiser noticed some peeling paint on a couple of windows.  He is requiring that all the paint be scraped, repainted and all paint chips removed.

This  is all that is preventing me from moving out of my RV.  Seems like an easy fix, right?  I'd go do it myself if they would let me.  Except that it has to be a contractor.  And then an order has to be sent to get the appraiser to go back, for another fee, of course, and verify that the work has been done.  Then three or four more days, minimum, for the appraiser to file his report.  Then, maybe, just maybe, the loan processor will produce all the needed closing paperwork.

Have I mentioned how much I love it when my life's details are being handled by invisible, unreachable, anonymous people?  Since we have nothing solid to go on, we don't have a new closing date yet.  Probably just as well, for my mental well-being!

2 comments:

  1. Bummer. That stuff is SO idiotic. I don't blame you a bit for being frustrated. That is one of the reasons we have never used either one of our VA loans. A regular one is bad enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sort of thing we live with... further submission to Caesar and his minions, I guess. I remember when one of the major reasons our loan was held up was guttering. You should have seen the QUALITY job done by the "contractor" (the ne'er-do-well husband of the very kind loan officer handling our home) satisfying that condition! Actually, I think things are swinging back to the "old normal" of ludicrous hang-ups and nit-picks of old in the loan business. Arrrgh.

    So sorry to hear about this... but at least it wasn't something like "your home sits on an abandoned lead mine." Sheesh.

    Here's prayers for a speedier process, patience, and a new shoulder-harness to help with the splinters from carrying the cross of nit-pick receptionism!

    ReplyDelete