"Not all those who wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien



Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finally!

The signing was delayed until 2:30.  Then it was pushed to 4 pm and they still weren't ready for us.  However, we are happy to finally announce that, as of 5 pm this evening, we are first time homeowners.  My first car and my first house all in a weeks time - what a grown up I'm becoming!  We went out for supper to celebrate not getting writer's cramp from all the pages we signed but it was actually kind of a downer.  See, the catch is that while while everything is signed, we can't officially take possession until the money clears the bank.  Of course, no one is really sure when that will happen but we are crossing our fingers it will happen by Thursday.

That still leaves me 9 whole days to repaint, tear out carpet, move, unpack, plan a birthday and then get ready for Christmas.  Did I mention that half the family is sick?  Or that Donald is also writing papers and working crazy, holiday hours?  No problem for this retired Navy wife.

Right?

I think all I want for Christmas this year is a replenishing stock of sticky notes and a glass of wine.

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to helping you move in January... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise, Thank you for your Christmas card. I misplaced your new address, as well as, the link to this website. After many searches, I came upon your blog. Would you mind emailing me your address at autoboy72@hotmail.com? Thank you very much. Congratulations on your new home. Stacia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo-hooo! (That's an ancient liturgical cry of joy at securing a new home in the face of lunatic bureaucracy.) Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'll have to share some of my move-in stories sometime. Needless to say, there was a lot of hysterical laughing involved. I remember one friend brandishing gloves and not allowing me to put anything in the frig. until she had killed whatever was growing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    If you send your new address to rduckworth99@netscape.net you may get a real greeting from Carol. Pastor Don, you and Denise are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad that things are a bit brighter these days. Ron

    ReplyDelete